Friday 5th May

It’s been a hectic week. Suffice to say I didn’t react well to injuring my leg last Thursday. I had way too much to drink on Friday night to drown my sorrows. I then followed that up with a completely unhealthy weekend. Brunch out on Saturday, pizza for dinner, lots of cake on Sunday and brunch out on the bank holiday Monday as well. 

We went to Eden on south William street on the Saturday with PH’s former housemates. It was good fun. The food was nice although only lukewarm when it was served. Their sourdough toast was amazing. The waiting staff weren’t the friendliest though so I’m not sure if I would be rushing back. It was good craic meeting up with everyone again and we went for a couple of drinks afterwards. 

Had a lovely dinner in PH’s sister’s house on Sunday. Everyone was in good form. 

Met Dave and Sine on Monday. It’s great to have them back in the country. 

I felt really fat and bloated after the indulgent weekend so decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something about it. 

I have come up with the following dietary regime:

  • No alcohol if I am over 15 st
  • No bread if I am over 14 and a half st
  • No sweets/treats if I am over 14 st

At the time of implementation I was 15 st 2.5 lbs. 

In addition to the above I started exercising again and ran 4.2kms on both Tuesday and Wednesday. 

  • 23:20 on Tuesday
  • 21:54 on Wednesday 

The big match!

I wasn’t 100% confident about my hamstring but decided to tog out for the second team match last night. 

I was playing full forward. The first ball I went for, literally in the first 30 seconds of the match, I felt my leg go again. Not a full tear but painful nonetheless. 

Out of pure stubbornness I decided to play on. I was only able to run at half pace but still was able to get on the ball a little bit. Overall I would give my performance 5/10. We lost by 1-10 to 1-3. I got our goal which was a nice start to my first ever match for the team. 

My leg is very sore today. I think there will be 3 weeks until the next game though so I have a bit of time to try and recover. 

I weighed myself when I got home and was 14 st 11.5 lbs. So I had a few (7) cans of punk IPA to celebrate. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s